ELF-3030B ELF EMF Meter
The ELF-3030B is an exceptionally sensitive, high quality ELF (extra low frequency) EMF meter. It can measure both the electric and magnetic components of EMFs with a sensitivity to magnetic fields one hundred times greater than other meters. It is nevertheless simple to operate. It is particularly suited to those (such as the electrically hypersensitive) who wish to reduce their EMF exposure to the lowest possible levels.
Chronic exposure to EMFs (electromagnetic fields) has been linked by some studies to health issues such as childhood leukaemia, cancers, depression, disturbed sleep and electrical hypersensitivity. Extra low frequency (ELF) fields are found in many homes and are produced by domestic appliances, internal wiring and external overhead lines*.
Supplied new and boxed. Operating instructions, battery and earthing lead are included.
- Frequency Range: 16 Hz - 2 KHz (compensated better than -2dB)
- Electric field measurement: 1-1999 V/m
- Magnetic field measurement: 1-1999nT
- Accuracy: +/- 2%, +/- 20 digits @ 50/60 Hz
- Sensors: Two - E-Field Sensor and 1D H-Field sensor
- Audio: Acoustic signal proportional to the field strength - 'Geiger Counter effect'
- Battery: Standard 9V Alkaline provides 24-36 hours operation.
- Weight: 410gms
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Measures both electric and magnetic ELF fields.
- Easy to operate.
- Reading shows the total pollution without any calculation required.
- The measured values are reliably displayed directly in the units corresponding to the building biology standard values, namely:
- The electric field strength from 1 to 1999 V/m (against ground potential)
- The magnetic flux density from 1 to 1999 nT (0.01mG to 20mG).
- An acoustic signal proportional to the field strength with "Geiger-counter-effect" helps in identifying regions with increased exposure.
- This meter is for Power Frequency (ELF) EMFs - please see my other items for RF meters suitable for measuring EMFs from mobile phones etc.
- The measurement range of this meter may be exceeded (without damage) directly underneath 275kv and 400kv overhead lines.
Included: ELF-3030B ELF EMF meter, battery, earthing lead and instructions.